This new blog is an attempt to curb the burgeoning wardrobe collection, stop the stockpiling of striped tops and focus on what's really needed. It's a kind of Spring clean. I have written a fashion piece for Red magazine (March 2011) and I thought I should show you the rigorous testing behind it. Let me know what you think.Launched 1st Feb 2011....































Monday 4 October 2010

Day One of the challenge

Just to be clear. This blog is simple - I have way too many clothes. I am not after my 15 minutes of fame - just a workout for my groaning wardrobe. I want to see how long I can go without wearing any of my clothes more than once. I don't own enough coats and shoes (unfortunately) to include them and I will re-use jewellery too - but the clothes mountain simply grows. I have worked in fashion for 15 years as a buyer and consultant- I have two large wardrobes, one enormous chest of drawers and two trunks full of garments, many of which never see the light of day. So they are all coming out of their storage to see what really works. I know this is a common and modern phenomenon but I want to really understand which my favourite pieces/outfits are so I can save time, effort and money! I am running out of room and my husband is running out of patience. So let's see how I get on......




Today is a work day - I was working from home but, call me old fashioned, I still like to dress for work even when I am only going up the stairs to my home desk. I have two wardrobes you see. My 'proper clothes' which may be dry clean only and my 'Mum' clothes which need to work hard and be super washable...I so love to wear my work stuff - it's kinda like dressing up these days.
Today I am going with a  seventies vibe. A rust orange cord shirt dress by MHL (Margaret Howell's second line) a pair of Whistles black leggings, Ash one bar open boots (I call them my horses hooves) and Margaret Howell slim scout belt.

No comments:

Post a Comment