This new blog is an attempt to curb the burgeoning wardrobe collection, stop the stockpiling of striped tops and focus on what's really needed. It's a kind of Spring clean. I have written a fashion piece for Red magazine (March 2011) and I thought I should show you the rigorous testing behind it. Let me know what you think.Launched 1st Feb 2011....































Friday 5 November 2010

Day Thirty Three

OK - so today you will have to excuse the fluffy hair - it met with some precipitation and the result is never pretty. I wonder if one of those Brazilian blowdry treatments is the answer? Not sure I want poker straight hair though. Will consider my options. Curls are such a hassle. Anyway back to frocks. Today I went for a light weight number as it's sooooo mild. The long line shirt with drawstring is by Margiela http://www.liberty.co.uk/ paired with an ancient Allen B mini skirt from my days as a denim buyer. Comptoir Des Cottoniers tights and Russell and Bromley shoe boots. What I then did was add a bit of colour to combat the gloom outside. Clearly I should have worn a hooded coat to protect the hair - but style over practicality won. This cotton coat is a great, easy shape and I always forget how much I like it. It may be the fear of being mistaken for a 'refuse facilitation officer' puts me off - but I am happy to run the risk. It's also from Comptoir Des Cottoniers http://www.comptoirdescottoniers.com/ It reminded me of Marni shapes so I snapped it up. At least the boys will be able to spot me across the playground - no hiding from them today.

No comments:

Post a Comment