This new blog is an attempt to curb the burgeoning wardrobe collection, stop the stockpiling of striped tops and focus on what's really needed. It's a kind of Spring clean. I have written a fashion piece for Red magazine (March 2011) and I thought I should show you the rigorous testing behind it. Let me know what you think.Launched 1st Feb 2011....































Sunday 21 November 2010

Day Forty Eight

So for a day at a posh country hotel I thought I can dress up proper! A ruff being perfect for the Tudor great hall we spent most of our time in. It was so much fun sashaying about in this - reading the papers, lounging on squashy high backed sofas and general loafing. When we embarked on a country walk however I came across a few issues. It was fine until we encountered a trail through the forest replete with brambles. I had to hitch up my raw silk mauve skirt and try not to catch it on overhanging branches. The husband was sniggering away and stated that 'Only you would be dressed in such a way - evening skirt and a pair of wellies for a muddy hike' Tsk. No photos unfortunately - left the camera in the room!
Anyway I have lots to do now I am ensconced back in the family home. Needless to say when Sam vomitted all over himself on the way home I was unable to bundle him up sufficiently. Vomit in a faux fur collar is to be avoided. Outfit stats - Top Margaret Howell, ruff by Marni, skirt by Miu Miu http://www.net-a-porter.com/, coat by Reiss http://www.reissonline.com/, tights asos http://www.asos.com/ and shoes by Prada.

No comments:

Post a Comment