This new blog is an attempt to curb the burgeoning wardrobe collection, stop the stockpiling of striped tops and focus on what's really needed. It's a kind of Spring clean. I have written a fashion piece for Red magazine (March 2011) and I thought I should show you the rigorous testing behind it. Let me know what you think.Launched 1st Feb 2011....































Monday 7 February 2011

Day Seven

I had a comment from fellow 'IFB' member Anouk that she would like clearer images of the outfits. So I am testing other areas of my home to shoot my blog. I apologise for the shockingingly poor quality of my photographs. They are done on a borrowed camera, which I don't really understand, but which luckily has an idiot button aka 'auto focus'. I set it up on a tripod and then spend ages trying to get good enough light not to need flash. Needless to say I rarely succeed - hence the shadows behind me...... I notice that alot of the blogging community are incredible photographers and their images are simply stunning. Sadly that is never gonna happen here. I may start importing images so you don't have to put up with my paltry efforts all of the time. My image on the profile section of the blog is by a super talented friend of mine Mr Edward Tyler http://www.edwardtyler.com/.

We are now moving onto the 18 pieces as suggested by the wonderful Margaret Howell in my Red article. We will be allowed to use one pair of jeans, four trousers, one dress, four knits, three shirts, two tops, one raincoat and two jackets.

I felt like channelling a bit of Alexa with this one. She that loves a peter pan collar; I worried that I might feel a bit prim and schoolgirlish, in reality I felt very smart and a bit cheeky. Who would have thought it?
I thought it appropriate to be head to toe in Margaret Howell for the first look.
Black button back cashmere jumper,
White boy's shirt,
MHL knaki cotton trousers,
Black twisted satin stacked heel sandal.

Let me know what you think. Meanwhile, I will be skulking round the house trying to find new picture locations where the builders next door can't see me.......

No comments:

Post a Comment