This new blog is an attempt to curb the burgeoning wardrobe collection, stop the stockpiling of striped tops and focus on what's really needed. It's a kind of Spring clean. I have written a fashion piece for Red magazine (March 2011) and I thought I should show you the rigorous testing behind it. Let me know what you think.Launched 1st Feb 2011....































Friday 18 February 2011

Day Eighteen

Today we are starting with 27 pieces. This is what Gayle Rinkoff fashion and celebrity stylist suggested http://www.gaylerinkoff.com/
She thinks you need 5 long sleeved tops, 4 jackets, 10 dresses, 5 cardigans of different weights and 3 pairs of jeans - a baggy, a slim and a smart pair. Phew.
So here is my first offering - I am not sure if I have 10 summer dresses but we'll see! I may have to improvise as Gayle doesn't do trousers and skirts. I am a lover of all clothing categories hence the overstuffed wardrobe......Anyway let's just try it out. I apologise now about the pale pins!

Details;
Navy silk cotton shirt dress http://www.margarethowell.com/
Orange crocodile slim belt http://www.prada.com/
Nude leather and cork platform wedges http://www.katekuba.co.uk/

2 comments:

  1. These are great pics...........but do we have to include little t-shirts and vest tops or can these be extras?

    LOVE the idea of trying to de-clutter the wardrobe but not sure I can reduce it to so few items..........think I'm too emotionally attached to my clothes
    I'll keep watching as I'm getting some good ideas for mix n match!

    P.S. How can I get to read the original article again other than buy Red( I read it @ the hairdressers!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm I think if the vests/tees are worn alone then you have to treat them as a 'top' and count them. If you wear them for layering then I tend not to include them. Like the one under the Day Birger knit. I don't wear that on it's own. It's a bit of a cheat though!
    I would send you the article but once you have written something for a magazine it's their property! Am afraid you'll have to buy Red. Keep watching for more ideas and thanks so much for taking the time to comment!

    ReplyDelete