This new blog is an attempt to curb the burgeoning wardrobe collection, stop the stockpiling of striped tops and focus on what's really needed. It's a kind of Spring clean. I have written a fashion piece for Red magazine (March 2011) and I thought I should show you the rigorous testing behind it. Let me know what you think.Launched 1st Feb 2011....































Wednesday 2 March 2011

Day Thirty

Jean number three - my slim one.You cannot underestimate the appeal of a clean, easy, cotton knit. Well, cotton linen to be precise but let's not split hairs. This is a satisfyingly heavy knit which, at first glance is deceptively basic and then you notice that glorious, oversized, bulbous sleeve. For some reason it's not so good rolled down.
These jeans are not the J Brand 'gigi', which is actually more exaggerated than this, but they are a wonderful shape for those lacking in hips, kicking out, as they do, from the calf. I skip around in these all summer very happily. They are good with any footwear - except flat ankle boots.
Details:
Linen cream knit http://www.cosstores.com/
Deep indigo stretch crop jeans http://www.topshop.com/
Caramel leather and cork wedges http://www.katekuba.co.uk/

2 comments:

  1. Hello Anna

    I'm really enjoying the blog and the outfits! I found out about it in Red - it's a great article, I'm sure you must be very pleased with it.

    You may recall I did some research at Selfridges all those years ago (2002-3) went off and had a baby (Isabella now 8) and then another (Rosa who is 2.5) and it took me years to publish it (it came out in 2009 'The Aesthetic Economy of Fashion' - an academic book so hardly bedtime reading but if you want to try to find yourself in the text give it a whirl!)

    I'm pleased to catch up with you. Great to hear you've got two little boys now. Wish I'd realised sooner how much fun they are (I'd have about 4 by now, but way over the hill to have anymore)

    Keep on blogging!

    Best

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to hear from you! I do remember although my brain is not what it was. I will certainly look for your book. Do keep in touch.
    Anna

    ReplyDelete