This new blog is an attempt to curb the burgeoning wardrobe collection, stop the stockpiling of striped tops and focus on what's really needed. It's a kind of Spring clean. I have written a fashion piece for Red magazine (March 2011) and I thought I should show you the rigorous testing behind it. Let me know what you think.Launched 1st Feb 2011....































Tuesday 8 March 2011

Day Thirty Six

OMG it was light when I ventured into our bathroom around 6.25am! Oh the unbridled joy. What a difference it makes - I have a bit of a spring in my step. As if that wasn't enough, I also have some help with childcare today so I can pack for my holiday. Even though I am talking you all through how to make more with less, I am not able to pack light. I wish I could, I really do. Every single holiday I lug a huge pile of clothes away with me. Wear about 10% of them and pack them all up to bring home. It's so predictable and inefficient. I fully expect to repeat the whole process this holiday. Someone should do a manual....Anyway back to the 38 pieces. Florals are big again this summer - as they are most summer's, which is why this little blighter has been a keen investment piece. I've had this for about 5 years and I wear it constantly through the summer. It looks like a flower but it's actually huge feathers.They look like giant animated feather fingers.  Trust Miuccia Prada to design such an enduring magical fantasy print. It looks best when the top is kept simple - wear it with a vest and some fitted denim or a little blazer, and you can go and skip through some fields.
Vintage denim jacket http://www.habitual.com/
Vest underneath http://www.whistles.co.uk/
White, blue and khaki feather print cotton skirt http://www.miumiu.com/
Camel leather and cork wedges http://www.katekuba.com/

2 comments:

  1. I am so with you on the holiday clothes overload - and what to do about holiday shoes?!!(aka baggage allowance nightmare) So hard if you're going somewhere warm to imagine NOT needing a whole stack of stuff you 'might need' to wear when you're packing in UK sub zero temperatures - a manual is definitely needed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely - I have a pair of havianas for the beach, sturdier gladiators for walking about it, cork wedges for 'dressing up' in the evening, trainers for running and ballet flats for evening or if it's cooler than expected! Crazy isn't it. You can't get away from the Brit mentality of 'what if?'
    Thanks for taking the time to comment. Anna

    ReplyDelete