This new blog is an attempt to curb the burgeoning wardrobe collection, stop the stockpiling of striped tops and focus on what's really needed. It's a kind of Spring clean. I have written a fashion piece for Red magazine (March 2011) and I thought I should show you the rigorous testing behind it. Let me know what you think.Launched 1st Feb 2011....































Tuesday 22 March 2011

Day Forty - the coat round up

I chose four coats - now, to some of you that may seem excessive but it's one of the pieces that makes the most impact. Coats and shoes - I think people really notice them. All the coats have been used in the blog previously.
As you can see I have a colourful one, two classics in navy and stone (go for a mac in navy, stone or black and invest as it will become a treasured friend) and a khaki parka. All these colour choices work easily into most wardrobe palettes.
I especially adore short sleeve coats and 3/4 sleeves - it allows you to play with length. You can layer an extended sleeve under a short sleeve coat and your arms look super slender.
Spring TrenchCottons and coated cottons are perfect for summer and our unpredictable climate.
Or maybe this pretty number (left) from Boden, it comes in four colours and is £130?


Autograph Shower Resistant Trench Coat with BeltFinally for the English rain - Autograph shower resistant trench £99 http://www.marksandspencer.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment