This new blog is an attempt to curb the burgeoning wardrobe collection, stop the stockpiling of striped tops and focus on what's really needed. It's a kind of Spring clean. I have written a fashion piece for Red magazine (March 2011) and I thought I should show you the rigorous testing behind it. Let me know what you think.Launched 1st Feb 2011....































Thursday 24 March 2011

Day Forty Two - Jeans and Jackets





Two jackets - a vintage denim jacket to take the smart edge off any outfit. I saw someone at a wedding in a jean jacket once - I'm sorry but that's not on..
The linen blazer - which just gets worn and worn and which I pray never goes shiny!

Four pairs of jeans - Now I want to make something crystal clear. Four is not really enough unless each pair is significantly different. So, you can choose four that work for the season and rotate them in your wardrobe OR select carefully jeans that perform entirely different roles. Gayle Rinkoff's advice is bang on when she suggests a smart, a baggy and a slim. This is a great starting point, yet most of us own jeans we have had for years. Don't be afraid to customize and alter. Twenty pounds for patching and slimming a leg is a pretty savvy and economic way of reviving an old favourite. 

For this season I carefully chose my crop Topshop mini kick flares (mainly because they give me curves and are a dead ringer for the J Brand gigi), the slimming cigarette leg by J brand, 70's revival Lovestory by J brand and Diesel men's baggies. I could also have swapped in a wide leg Notify pair instead of the baggies as they are more on trend.



For this season there are soooo many wide legs to choose from - as a huge J Brand fan, my money's on their Bette version $218

The Gigi is also very flattering either on an hour glass or a boyish frame as it does the most incredible balancing act for your hips....$180
1126 Gigi in Murphy
If you are looking for a gorgeous, girly, but sharp, blazer I am sorely tempted by this dusky pink offering Gainsbourg 80'from comptoir des cottoniers
Denim jackets are easy to find but trawling vintage stores might be the best bet for a soft, worn in number.

No comments:

Post a Comment